Friday, June 16, 2017

Statements With Stripes


I was on the hunt for a striped dress when I found one (luckily in my size) at J.Crew Factory. When I found one I knew that I had to try it on! I had a couple other items that I wanted to try on but then I instantly fell in love with the red stripes to cream dress. I right away started thinking of other clothing ideas that I could pair with this dress. The dress is not a super heavy dress but enough to be a comfortable in. I love that the material is not super tight around the midsection and around the thighs. Not only is this outfit incredibly comfortable but it honestly shouts out summer and fall. I styled the dress with an adorable short sleeve military vest that I found at Kohl's (I don't usually shop there often) and accessorized it with my great-step grandmother's pearl necklace and earrings, also with my Kendra Scott Elsa Pendant Necklace in Ivory Mother of Pearl and my Pandora rings. My Kate Spade purse definitely became a bold statement within itself paired with the dress. Then when we traveled to a back road field in Middleville (my hometown), I wanted the stripes to become the focus of the outfit as it would be a great holiday dress yet a simple fall essential.












Happy summer days are upon us! I hope your summer becomes a statement just like wearing stripes!







Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Simply Emily Elizabeth 2017