Sunday, December 31, 2017

What I Got For Christmas


Christmas in the Adams' family has many traditions that my grandparents has forever held strong. On Christmas Eve, my family spends time together with my dad's side to open presents and watch NFL football together. Then we travel to Coldwater, Michigan to spend the rest of the night at my grandparents' house on my mom's side. We all gather to decorate sugar cookies and put presents around the Christmas tree. For years, my grandpa would wait to wrap my grandma's gifts until Christmas Eve. When my grandpa's health started to decline, my sister and I continued the tradition for wrapping the presents. Once all the presents are around the tree, then we head to bed. As now teenagers, Christmas morning has finally been a time to "sleep in" which is roughly around eight or nine o'clock. My sister and I will open our stockings and presents from Santa then will eat breakfast with my grandparents. My grandma always makes a raspberry casserole that is supper yummy. The rest of family comes over and we wait to open presents until three- four o'clock in the afternoon until my uncle gets out of work. Our Christmas dinner is always prime rib, baked potatoes and green beans. Then we finally opened more presents and enjoyed the rest of the evening together again! 

From Santa, I got a Longchamp Paris purse in the color black. I have been secretly wanting one for a while, plus I love the size of the Longchamp as I can fit my planner, shoes, and my Kate Spade wallet. I love the exterior material of the purse as it is very durable to any weather especially in Michigan. This will surely make it's debut on the blog every soon and I'm so excited to share with y'all. 

One of my favorite presents was the Alex Rain Boots from Target, if you want a short, ankle-styled rain boot these are the boots for you. I have found a similar pair at a second hand store in Grand Rapids, they were from Old Navy. Very lightweight and easy to slip on. The colors are very versatile from navy, black and olive green. These rain boots definitely need a couple times to break them in, as the first time I wore them then irritated the back of my legs. But they are very fashionable and could be wore with many ways. I look forward to posting more on the blog about these. 

Gift cards were also an excitement as I received some to awesome places that I always shop at such as T.J Maxx, Marshalls, and J.Crew. Also I always eat at Panera Bread when I am at school so having some spending money on a quick meal is an amazing gift. 



I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Christmas that was surrounded by their love ones. This Christmas reminded me to cherish these moments with your family members as you never know when it could be your last. I am so excited to share the New Years with everyone! 2018 will be a great one full of laughs and memories to enjoy! 





Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Simply Emily Elizabeth 2017